Thursday, November 8, 2018

Priority Standards for Technology Nov. 9-16

4th grade:
*4B, 4K, and 4T will be finishing their Genre Posters.
Electronics Recycling PSA
-Students will learn about the importance of recycling electronics and then create a
public service announcement to share with the community.

Guiding Questions:

What types of materials that people throw away are actually recyclable?
What are recycling companies doing to help reduce the impact of human garbage?
21.3-5.TL.1 Use technology resources to create original projects, identify patterns,
make predictions, and propose solutions.
-I can choose from a variety of resources to add content to a project.
-I can work individually and collaboratively to create, display, publish, or perform
technology projects.
21.3-5.TL.2 Use interactive technologies in a collaborative group to produce digital
presentations or products in a curricular area.
-I can use technology to work with others.
21.3-5.TL.4 Use technological resources to develop and refine questions for investigation.
-I can use more than one source.
-I can find information online to solve problems.


5th grade:
You Won’t Believe This! What is Clickbait?
-Define the curiosity gap. Explain how clickbait uses the curiosity gap to get your
attention. Use strategies for avoiding clickbait.
21.3 -5.TL.3 Utilize digital tools and resources to investigate real–world issues,
answer questions, or solve problems.
-I can evaluate website content.
21.3-5.TL.5 Understand and practice appropriate, legal, and safe uses of
technology for lifelong learning.
-I can be safe online and keep personal information private.

6th grade:
Fighting Fake News
21.6-8.TL.3 Plan strategies utilizing digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use
information.
-I can locate and utilize information from a variety of sources.
-I can evaluate resources for usefulness and validity.
21.6-8.TL.5 Understand the legal and ethical issues of technology as related
to individuals, cultures, and societies.
-I can use technology in ways that do not harm myself or others.

No comments:

Post a Comment